Technology and Business Development
Technology Assessment & Early-Stage Commercialization
- We specialize in working with early-stage biotech and entrepreneurial startup companies to fulfill their goals, serving as an external partner and workforce development pipeline.
- A technology evaluation usually takes 1-2 days. We talk about more than simply technology during this period; we also facilitate a high-level company strategy debate. You will receive the following items at the end of the engagement:
- Business case at a high level, creating a high-level map of your business operations and identifying your pain issues
- Defining high-level business requirements and discussing future state procedures
- Determining whether your present technology can meet market needs or if a new system is required
- Examining your organization to see if it’s in line with your personal/company strategy
- Suggestions on technology and business
- After these initial meetings, our business/technology consulting services assist you in developing a strategic roadmap to identifying Go/No-Go decisions, KPIs, and technology pivots as required.
- By working with a DRACO team, companies have the opportunity to engage with motivated and talented student members, many of which seek future employment opportunities.
Academic Researchers and Technology Transfer Offices
- We work with academic researchers and inventors alongside their university technology transfer office to determine the best path forward for all stakeholders.
- Our goal is to be a collaborative resource in the development process.
- If you are a researcher, are you interested in creating a startup company around your invention?
- Are you interested in submitting the invention disclosure to the technology transfer office and continuing your research?
- Do you have a graduate student interested in the commercialization of your technology?
- Not only do we have experience with these scenarios, but we are eager to begin working with you to navigate through these transitions!
Students with an Entrepreneurial Drive
- We actively partner with outgoing students to provide unique professional development opportunities.
- DRACO seeks to supplement their experience in the lab and the classroom by offering project-based learning experiences that set them apart from their peers.
Whether it’s strategic planning for a startup company, gaining multidisciplinary team experience, engaging in customer discovery activities, conducting market analysis, or presenting deliverables to a client, being a member of a DRACO team provides a variety of opportunities that build upon a student’s current skillset and help prepare them for a professional career.
- We understand that the life of an undergraduate or a graduate student is very busy, that’s why we let our members select realistic tasks that they can complete on their own schedule.
- Projects require 5-10 hours per week and lead to valuable professional connections, skill-building, peer-reviewed publications, and engaging experiences that set them apart from their peers.